Why are school-based vision screenings important for children?
Forms: Forms are located under the Student Health Forms tab.
Kindergarten Vision Exam
What forms are needed? Forms are located under the Student Health Forms tab.
1. The Elkhorn Area School District requests student have a physical and dental exam when they enter the school district in 4k/5k or a new student and then in grades 4th, 7th, 9th. If participating in high school sports, a physical is required for 11th grade.
2.. Immunization record are required for all students.
3. The EASD is required by Wis. Law to request an eye exam for all incoming kindergarten students
4. A health history form is requested each year.
5. Students who require prescription or parent-requested medication at school must have a prescription medication or non-prescription medication form completed each year.
6. Students who have chronic health conditions which require emergency medication (Epipen, Inhaler, Diastat, Glucagon, or insulin) at school must have an emergency action/health plan each year.
7. Students who have a health condition which requires nursing services will require a medical plan of care with physician's orders and a consent for release of information form each year.